From: International Law Librarians List (Int-Law) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pratter, Jonathan
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Int-Law] Case in Nepal Supreme Court

Hello INT-LAW,

A student has brought to my attention this case about the potential direct application of CEDAW in national law to challenge discriminatory treatment of women under national law in matters relating to inheritance.  The citation I have is:  Meera Dhungana and Others vs. Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs et al, Writ No. 3392 of the year 2050 BS (1993/ 94 AD), Nepal Law Reporter, 2052 (1995/96 AD) page 462.  I haven't confirmed the accuracy of this cite. Mention of the case can be found in several places through Google, but not the full text, as far as I can see. There are indications describing the case as unreported, which does not jibe with the cite to the Nepal Law Reporter. If a list member can cast some light on this case, it would be a great help.

Jonathan Pratter
International Law Librarian
Tarlton Law Library
University of Texas at Austin
******************************************************************* Int-Law - International Law Librarians List: Post messages to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To unsubscribe send a message with unsubscribe int-law as the text of the message to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> An archive of postings are located at http://listserver.ciesin.columbia.edu/int-law.html. **DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this list are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CIESIN, its staff, or CIESIN's sponsors.