We are pleased to invite you to join us at the first joint conference hosted by the
Chinese and American
Pacific Chapter of the
American Association of
October 7th – 11th, 2015,
Princess Kaiulani Hotel, in
The conference is now open for registration. Please visit WestPac’s 2015 conference website (http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/westpac/2015honolulu/index.asp) for detailed information about conference registration, fees and hotel reservation.
The joint conference is the first collaboration between the two library professional organizations and will feature the theme “Challenges, Competencies and Opportunities.” The conference is co-sponsored by the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), China University of Political Science and Law (CUPL), and East China University of Political Science and Law (ECUPL). Intended to provide a forum for educational exchange among legal information professionals from China and the United States, the conference will be attended by a delegation of law librarians, library directors, deans and faculty from over fifteen prominent law schools in China, as well as their counterparts from the United States.
Conference programs include: (for detailed program descriptions, schedule and listing of speakers, see the CAFLL website (http://faculty.laverne.edu/~ajiang/cafll/2015/schedule.pdf ).
· Legal Education: Then and Now
· Incorporating Legal Research Competencies into the Law School Curriculum
· Challenges of E-Legal Information Age – Collection Development and Resource Sharing in Law Libraries
· Striking the Balance in Your Library Catalog: TLI v. TMI
· Continuing Education for Law Librarians
· User Service and Library Space Solutions for Innovative Legal Education
· The Evolving Face of Reference Services
· Legal Aspects of Business and Trade with China
For more information please contact: