From: International Law Librarians List (Int-Law) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lyonette Louis-Jacques
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Int-Law] "English-Only" FCIL Librarian?

Good day, INT-LAW!  I have a quick question.  If there is anyone on the listserv who is especially responsible for providing reference, collection development, cataloging, or acquisition services related to non-English-language legal materials, but is only proficient in English, please contact me off-list at [log in to unmask] (I have long asserted that now you don’t need a foreign language to be a foreign, comparative, and international law (FCIL) librarian, and I’d like to be proven correct).  Thanks, Lyo.

Lyonette Louis-Jacques

Foreign and International Law

Librarian and Lecturer in Law

D’Angelo Law Library

University of Chicago Law School

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/law/

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/faculty/louis-jacques

http://www.linkedin.com/in/lyonette

http://twitter.com/lyolouisjacques

'Au milieu de l'hiver,

j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été.' /

"In the midst of winter I found there was,

within me, an invincible summer." - Camus