Hello Int-Law friends,

Please excuse what is probably a relatively basic question; I am still somewhat new at this!

I have pulled all of our foreign language dictionaries, both law-specific and common, out of the collection, and am looking them over for the purpose of weeding.  I am inclined to discard most of the non-current dictionaries, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the value of keeping older ones in the collection?  I imagine the answer could differ for legal dictionaries, as opposed to common foreign language dictionaries, as well.

As a history nerd, I like the idea of keeping some of the older ones; however, with regard to our faculty and students, I am not sure whether it would be useful.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks as always,
Susan Gualtier, JD, MLIS
Foreign, Comparative, and
International Law Librarian