From: Maleeff, Tracy Z. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 11:53 AM
To: Sara Batts ([log in to unmask]); Philip Mullen ([log in to unmask]); Weaver, Bobbi
Cc: Grace Rosales ([log in to unmask])
Subject: Please distribute - Free SLA Student Memberships - SLA Legal Division

Hello, International Relations Committee!  If you could please see that this announcement makes its way to library schools outside of the U.S., I would be very grateful.  The Student Relations Committee came up with this great initiative, and I just want to make sure we keep true to our word of being a more inclusive division.  Thanks, I appreciate your assistance with this!

Tracy Z. Maleeff
SLA Legal Division, Chair

Announcement from the SLA Legal Division Student Relations Committee Chair, Grace Rosales:

Do you like hearing about the latest legal cases or staying on top business and legal trends?  Then consider being a Law Librarian!   Law librarians work in many settings including law schools, law firms, government libraries and many public and private companies.  They go by many titles:  law librarian, researcher or information analyst.

 If you're interested in learning more about this exciting field, then join the SLA Legal Division.  SLA Legal Division offers a wide variety of online education opportunities designed to sharpen professional skills throughout your career.  Previous webinar topics have included using social media tools for research, business communication, and career development/job search.  You can also find a mentor to help you learn more about law librarianship.

SLA Legal Division also offers several grants to attend the annual conference.  The conference creates an environment for networking, communication, learning and other developmental opportunities for information professionals. Student membership is only $40.  This includes one chapter and one division.  Here's the membership link.:  http://www.sla.org/content/membership/joinsla/index.cfm.

As an incentive to join Legal Division, the Student Relations Committee will sponsor a contest to win 10 SLA student memberships.  Just write a short paragraph describing your interest in the legal information profession and send this to SLA Student Relations Committee Chair Grace Rosales ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by Friday, June 22, 2012.  Winning entries will receive a one-year free membership with SLA.  We will need a receipt of payment and we will send you reimbursement for payment of your membership.  If you are currently a member, we will pay for your next renewal.  Winners will be notified by Friday, June 29.  Please note that if you are a winner we would like to get a photo of you to include with the winning entries along with a signed waiver so that we can use it for future promotional materials.

Come join us and explore the exciting field of law librarianship!  Send in your entries today!

Any questions?  Feel free to contact the SLA Student Relations Committee Chair:
Grace Rosales @ [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Grace Rosales, JD, MLIS
Chair - SLA Student Relations Committee - Legal Division
Director at Large - SLA SCC

Research Librarian
DLA Piper - Los Angeles Offices

For more information about Duane Morris, please visit http://www.DuaneMorris.com

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately return it to the sender. Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of the attorney-client or any other privilege.