Buy the book Legal Research Methods in a Modern World: A Coursebook.  It provides a comparative overview of researching in the U.S., EU, and other countries.  It's available at Amazon.com, but a description from the publisher is available at: http://www.djoef-forlag.dk/vare/8757424675

It should give you most of what you need to know to conduct a seminar, or you can give it to your attorney and let them dive into it.

Regards,

Jason