Greetings,

I don't know how many list members have had the occasion to use the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law's Case Law on UNCITRAL Texts (CLOUT) database. It is essentially a collection of abstracts for cases from all jurisdictions that cite UNCITRAL conventions or model laws. I used it from time to time prior to joining UNCITRAL, and I found it relatively useful. In any case, the UNCITRAL Secretariat is now interested in doing an overhaul of the database and is seeking feedback.

I thought it might be a nice idea to ask all of you since librarians are probably the ones typically using the database. Thus, if you have ever used the CLOUT database or have any thoughts, please take the survey available here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHBpWk8zQkVCVFREdmNwbHo4QXVLbmc6MQ

It is pretty short, maybe 5 to 15 minutes depending on the level of detail of your answers. Or, if you prefer, you can always send me feedback directly, and I will pass it on to the team that manages the database.

Thanks so much,

Cyril R. Emery (Mr.)
Librarian, UNCITRAL Law Library
Vienna International Centre