Dear Colleagues,
Law Librarianship is a cooperative and helpful profession - as we all
see so many times at the wonderful institution of this list - but at the
same time there seems to be a bit of redundancy in it.

I'm referring to Ellen Shaffer's latest request, which ended in her
receiving the same article many times, although one would have been
enough. She posted a note to the list alerting people to the fact that
the article had been received, but continued to receive copies. After
realizing that she had not seen that notice, she posted another message
repeating that the request had been filled. I also told the list after
sending a copy - possibly both our messages didn't come through due to
delays in transmitting or weren't noticed.

Two things seem to generate this problem:
1. Nor the person sending, neither the person receiving the document
lets the list know.

2. Due to technical imbalances messages don't come through and thus are
perceived too late.
Today I could read Mike Yared's answer to Carol Clarke's question
concerning the US Performance Rights Bill long before I got the
question. There seems to be something technical behind it.

Given that, should we with sending documents let the list know at the
same time and hope for a faster transmission?

Or is there already any policy on preventing this or does the most
honorable list have ideas on how to cope?

Kind regards

Andreas Knobelsdorf

-----
Universitaet Hamburg