Tjsl would send me, and I'd get to see you, if there were a way I could weasel my way onto the podium. The only way I could possible contribute, would be to present the new Indigenous Human Rights section in my IL casebook & webpage. See, e.g., <http://www.tjsl.edu/slomansonb/txtcsesite.html>, scroll down to Ch. 10, under Cases and Doc's, including my edited Supreme Court Of Belize Indigenous Rights Case & my edited United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. That's a stretch, but if a film maker can present, how about an academic with increasing focus in indigenous issues, whos book has been adopted by 200 universities in 20 countries?

As my agent, you'd get 100% of the fees generated by my appearance (am I generous or what :-)
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: International Law Librarians List (Int-Law) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of steven perkins
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 7:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Int-Law] Aug 9th, 2010, International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples

[NOTE: If you want to attend, send an email with your full name to
[log in to unmask] by Thursday, 6 August.  Bring a photo ID. Enter
through Visitor's  Entrance. More details below.]

http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/unpfii/en/news.html
International Day of the World's Indigenous People
July 8, 2010

The International Day of the World's Indigenous People will be
observed at the United Nations Headquarters in Conference Room 1 in
the temporary North Lawn building, on Monday 9 August from 2 pm to 5
pm. It is organized by the Secretariat of the United Nations Permanent
Forum on Indigenous Issues in cooperation with the NGO Committee on
the International Decade of the World's Indigenous Peoples. The theme
of the observance at UN Headquarters will be celebrating indigenous
filmmaking.

more information

The International Day of the World's Indigenous People will be
observed at the United Nations Headquarters in Conference Room 1 in
the temporary North Lawn building, on Monday 9 August from 2 pm to 5
pm. It is organized by the Secretariat of the United Nations Permanent
Forum on Indigenous Issues in cooperation with the NGO Committee on
the International Decade of the World's Indigenous Peoples. The theme
of the observance at UN Headquarters will be celebrating indigenous
film making.

Those who wish to attend the observance should register by Thursday 6
August, by sending an email with full name at: [log in to unmask]

Please note that those who have not registered will not get a day
pass, and will thus not be able to attend.

Holders of valid UN grounds passes do not need to register.

The event will begin at 2 pm. Participants must enter the UN grounds
through the Visitor's Entrance on 1st. Avenue facing 45th Street.
After going through the entrance, participants should go directly to
the table where SPFII staff will hand out day passes to those who have
registered. Day passes will be available at the table from 1 pm until
2:15 pm. It is essential that participants bring photo ID when picking
up their day passes.

The program for the day's observance is not yet complete. It will
include messages from the United Nations Secretary General, the
Under-Secretary General for Economic and Social Affairs and the
Chairperson of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous
Issues, as well as a screening of films made by indigenous filmmakers
and a Q&A session with an indigenous film maker.

--
Steven C. Perkins       [log in to unmask]
http://stevencperkins.com/