Thank you, Saskia.   I really appreciate your responding to my query.  I hope that everything’s going great for you these days down in Houston.  Also, I want to thank Monica Ortale for her assistance.

You’re right that the document, if it exists, would likely be in the (C Series section of the) EU Official Journal, probably called a “Notice from a Member State(s)”, as I mentioned in the “research done on this by me so far” portion of my earlier e-mail.

I did previously look at the OJ Index page that you linked in your e-mail, but the difficulty is that I can’t find a way to use the Index since I don’t know the citation/document number of the document (if it exists) that I am looking for.  The OJ does not seem to provide a search mechanism other than finding an OJ document by its citation/document number.  I have this information for the underlying regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 593/2008; Celex  No. 32008R0593; OJ L 177 4.7.2008, p.6-16), but that does not seem to provide any trail to the Notice(s) that I seek (such as in the “Select All Documents Mentioning this Document” link in Eur-Lex) which are described in Articles 25 and 26 of the Regulation.

Since the Notice(s) that I’m looking for (if it/they exist) does not appear to have been published in the OJ C Series, the next logical step would probably be for me to contact the European Commission for help.  Have you ever contacted an EU agency with a legal research inquiry, and, if so, can you recommend someone who might be responsive to my e-mail?  Could anyone else on INT-LAW please make a suggestion in this regard?

Thanks again!

Tom

Tom Kimbrough

Associate Director for Public Services