Hi All,

This is to let you know that we have just posted re-scanned versions of Justice Blume's English translation of Justinian's Novels on the the University of Wyoming Law Library's Annotated Justinian Code web site.  (http://uwacadweb.uwyo.edu/blume&justinian/default.asp.  The URL for the direct link to the Novels is http://uwacadweb.uwyo.edu/blume&justinian/novels2.asp.)

This new edition is much more legible than the first, which was scanned at very low resolution.  In addition, I have edited them so that all the chapters in each novel are now in their proper order.  For reasons I explain in an introduction, some of them were mixed up in Justice Blume's original manuscript and in our first, hastily done scanning.

In addition, I have added: 1) one table showing Code provisions affected by the novels; 2) another table, by novel, showing the Code provision it affects; 3) a Novel's timeline; and 4) an article (which is to be published in this summer's Law Library Journal) entitled "The Creation and Transmission of Justinian's Novels."

If you discover problems with any parts of the site, please let me know.

With apologies for the cross-posting,

Tim Kearley

Timothy Kearley
Director of the Law Library &