Hi Lucy (and everyone else):

I've also had this problem, ever since they opened UNTS.  I called them
up too, and spoke with someone there (I forget her name?) who identified
herself as a librarian, and who said she'd bring this up with their IT.

Her suggestion in the meantime?  "Use the CTCs.  Most people don't even
know what they are."

I mean, yeah, that's a fine answer.  It just didn't answer the question
I'd asked (which was, if I recall correctly, "Why doesn't the Search
function work in all the UNTS databases?).

dkp

Dennis Kim-Prieto, J.D., M.S.L.I.S., M.F.A.

Reference Librarian
Rutgers School of Law -- Newark
123 Washington Street
Newark, NJ 07102

(v)++973.353.3037
(f)++973.353.1574

Member, Copyright Committee
American Association of Law Libraries

>>> Lucy Cox <[log in to unmask]> 11/21/2008 3:26 PM >>>
Hello, Int-law Colleagues,

Am I the only one having trouble the new UNTS database? When I click on
the
Titles search, there is no response, no search box comes up to enter
the
query.The Advanced Search is not workable, makes no sense, since it
doesn't
provide a search box! When I click on Full Text Search, a search box
does
come up, but the format for listing responses to a query is completely

useless--it gives http links and v.(volume?) information, which give no

hint as to what text is actually referred to. I called the UN this
morning,
and the librarian referred me to someone in the "technical department"
with
whom I left a message. I might get an answer eventually, but in the
meantime, I wonder whether anyone else has experienced any difficulty.
The
Help page is completely useless, since the tips it gives seem to have
no
relation to what the options actually are. If anyone has experience
with
the new database, I'd appreciate a response.

Thank you,

Lucy Cox
Rutger University Law Library--Camden

[log in to unmask]: Use this address for postings and replies
- Email text body 'SIGNOFF int-law' to:
**DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this list are those of the
authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CIESIN, its
staff, or CIESIN's sponsors.