From: International Law Librarians List (Int-Law) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wilson, John
Sent: 15 April 2008 22:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Int-Law] final report of the working group on speeding up trials

Hello all,

In February 2006, the Working Group on speeding up trials issued a final report (a report on speeding up trials of the ICTY). I have not been able to find this through UNBISNET, AccessUN, or the ODS. Judge Pocar does mention some of the WGs recommendations in letters to the Secretary General. I suspect this is not an official UN document and it likely had a small circulation among the ICTY judges. If someone can e-mail me a copy of it; I would be grateful. Below is a mention of the working group from an ICTY press release.

Thank you,

John

Asked what was meant by "cultural revolution" announced by Judge Antonetti in court proceedings this morning while referring to the work of the Bonomy Commission, Chartier said that he had not heard the comment. The Bonomy Commission was actually a Working Group established a few months ago with the aim of looking at ways to speed up trials.

Chartier said that it was his understanding that the Bonomy Working Group had completed its work and that its findings and recommendations had been disseminated through to the Judges for consideration. Chartier reiterated that he was not aware of those findings, but that he was aware of what the President of the Tribunal, Judge Fausto Pocar, told the Diplomatic Seminar held last Friday, namely that it was expected that a Plenary Session be held at the end of the month considering further amendments to the Rules and Practice Directions and to adopt any changes necessary to speed up proceedings, both at the Trial Chambers and Appeals Chambers stages.

[log in to unmask]: Use this address for postings and replies - Email text body 'SIGNOFF int-law' to: [log in to unmask] **DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this list are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CIESIN, its staff, or CIESIN's sponsors. [log in to unmask]: Use this address for postings and replies - Email text body 'SIGNOFF int-law' to: [log in to unmask] **DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this list are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CIESIN, its staff, or CIESIN's sponsors.