Dear Jonathan,

A search on AsianLII (which you may already have tried) for "Influx
from Pakistan" gives the INFLUX FROM PAKISTAN (CONTROL) REPEALING ACT
1952, not to mention the intriguing INFLUX FROM PAKISTAN (CONTROL)
REPEALING (REPEAL) ACT 2001, and some other legislation and  cases,
but the Ordinance, unfortunately. However, these other references may
be useful for your research.

Regards,

Graham

At 2:18 PM -0600 27/2/08, Jonathan Pratter wrote:
>Hello, INT-LAW.  I wonder if anyone has access to the Influx from
>Pakistan (Control) Ordinance, no. XVI/1948.  I could not find it
>online.  Any help will be much appreciated.
>
>Jonathan Pratter
>International Law Librarian
>  and Lecturer
>Tarlton Law Library
>University of Texas at Austin
>727 E. Dean Keeton St.
>Austin, TX  78705
>
>[log in to unmask]: Use this address for postings and
>replies - Email text body 'SIGNOFF int-law' to:
>[log in to unmask] **DISCLAIMER: The opinions
>expressed on this list are those of the authors and do not
>necessarily reflect the opinions of CIESIN, its staff, or CIESIN's
>sponsors.

Graham Greenleaf
Professor of Law
Faculty of Law, University of New South Wales
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052  Australia (UNSW CRICOS Provider No: 00098G)
Co-Director, Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII)
Co-Director, Cyberspace Law and Policy Centre
Asia-Pacific Editor, Privacy Laws & Business International

E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Web Pages -  http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~graham/
Legal Scholarship Network (LSN) pages - http://ssrn.com/author=57970
Tel: +61 2 9385 2233 (UNSW) +61 2 9569 5310 (Home)
Fax: +61 2 9385 1175 (UNSW) Office: Room 224, Law Faculty Building, UNSW