Karen,

I assume you have tried WorldLII <http://www.worldlii.org> . It has
databases from 123 countries, as well as the links to legal websites
from all countries mentioned by Jean.

That will be more use to you than AustLII previously mentioned.

- Graham

At 11:21 AM -0500 15/10/07, Jean Wenger wrote:
>Karen,
>
>Another site you might consider is the International Centre for
>Not-for-Profit Law Online Library:
>http://www.icnl.org/knowledge/library/index.php
>Laws are arranged by country and include tax laws, laws of
>association, procurement, employment and others.
>
>I recently updated a bibliography for foreign law in print and
>online: http://www.aallnet.org/sis/fcilsis/WengerHandout.pdf
>
>WorldLII also links to laws arranged by country:
>http://www.worldlii.org/countries.html
>After selecting the country, select Legislation link.
>
>Hope this is useful.
>
>Jean
>

>Jean M. Wenger
>Government Documents/
>Foreign & International Law Librarian
>Cook County Law Library
>50 W. Washington Street, Room 2900
>Chicago, IL  60602
>PH. 312-603-5131
>FX. 312-603-4716
>Hello everyone,
>
>I'm librarian in a corporate legal department in France.
>We're looking for electronic databases containing foreign Law (of all the
>world), country by country. The best would be a global database with every
>branch of Law we need in a company (contracts, corporate management,
>environment, real estate, litigation, competition, finance, M&A,
>trademarks...). But even if there is one database for each topic we are
>interested !
>I asked law librarians in France, but I didn't find something satisfactory
>(free or not).
>
>Regards,
>
>Karen VIDAL
>Legal Information Manager
>ARKEMA France - Legal Department
>
>[log in to unmask]: Use this address for postings and
>replies - Email text body 'SIGNOFF int-law' to:
>**DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this list are those of the
>authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CIESIN, its
>staff, or CIESIN's sponsors.
>
>[log in to unmask]: Use this address for postings and
>replies - Email text body 'SIGNOFF int-law' to:
>**DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this list are those of the
>authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CIESIN, its
>staff, or CIESIN's sponsors.

Graham Greenleaf

On study leave from 1/7/07-31/12/07; Sept-Nov 07 Visiting Fellow,
AHRC Research Centre for the Study of IP and Technology Law,
University of Edinburgh; July-Aug and Dec in various Asian countries
(AsianLII work).

Professor of Law
Faculty of Law, University of New South Wales
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052  Australia (UNSW CRICOS Provider No: 00098G)
Co-Director, Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII)
Co-Director, Cyberspace Law and Policy Centre
Asia-Pacific Editor, Privacy Laws & Business International

E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Web Pages -  http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~graham/
Legal Scholarship Network (LSN) pages - http://ssrn.com/author=57970
Tel: +61 2 9385 2233 (UNSW) +61 2 9569 5310 (Home)
Fax: +61 2 9385 1175 (UNSW) Office: Room 224, Law Faculty Building, UNSW