fyi.

Sydney Morning Herald 5 March 2007

David Hicks's US military lawyer, Major Michael Mori, is the South
Sydney Rabbitohs' latest high-profile recruit. He was in the club box
at Saturday night's Charity Shield rugby league match, trading his
khakis for a green and red Souths cap.

He was a guest of the Rabbitohs' owners, Russell Crowe and Peter
Holmes a Court, and later met the players in the dressing room before
walking out onto the middle of Telstra Stadium to inspect the playing
surface.

Holmes a Court told us he met Major Mori during their US university
days, when the soldier was his "nemesis" on the rugby field. "He
played flanker for Norwich and I was five-eighth for Middlebury. We
played them twice a year and he used to cut me down as frequently as
he could.

"Dante" was his nickname. I don't know why but I thought he'd be a
very interesting guy for the players to meet."

Holmes a Court said he was now seeking to "assist in the negotiations
to see David brought home" but wouldn't elaborate.

The Souths CEO, Shane Richardson, was singing from the same song
sheet after meeting Major Mori. "He's a huge New England Patriots fan
and a huge American football fan, but he was saying: 'How tough are
these guys?"' Richardson said after the game. "I told him he will
make himself a hero if he can bring David Hicks home."

--
Direct tel.:   +61 2 9385 2346
Office tel.:   +61 2 9385 2381