Please ignore my last posting – have just read Ron’s – this is indeed the whole manual, not just the Executive Summary.

Regards,

Gayle.

From: Davies, Gayle
Sent: Monday, 22 January 2007 9:57 AM
To: 'International Law Librarians List (Int-Law)'
Subject: RE: [Int-Law] The New Recently Released Rules Governing Military Commission Trials Of Guantanamo Detainees

I found this Executive Summary on the US Department of Defense web-site:

http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/pdfs/The%20Manual%20for%20Military%20Commissions.pdf

This  says the Manual was  submitted  to Congress on the 18th January.  I’m not sure what the next step is – does Congress have to approve it, and does that mean there must be a debate and a vote on it?

 Can’t seem to find any links to the actual manual itself yet – perhaps that’s because it is awaiting Congressional approval.  Those cognoscenti of U.S. parliamentary and government  process will I hope pardon my ignorance, and perhaps provide further guidance.

Regards,

Gayle Davies

Manager, Library Services

Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (NSW).

Australia.