Hi all - our library is offering books again.  The deadline for requesting
them is September 5th.  We regularly post these book lists on the
NEEDSANDOFFERS-L list for law library book exchanges.  I'm especially
notifying y'all because this newest 142-title list has so many foreign and
international law and international relations-related titles on it.

It looks like we'll have 4 or 5 more big lists of books to offer like
this in the future.  So, if interested, please subscribe to the
NEEDSANDOFFERS-L list and look out for messages with the subjects:
OFFER:  Monographs 2006

NEEDSANDOFFERS-L list
http://lists.washlaw.edu/mailman/listinfo/needsandoffers-l

Available Books (respond by September 5th to Lorna Tang at
[log in to unmask] if you would like any books)
http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/~llou/augustlist.html

Here's the intro to the message from Lorna Tang:

We have the following monographs available for the cost of postage.  If
you are interested in any of them, please let me know by September 5th.

Please reply to this message by editing out the titles that you do not
want.  We only need to see the titles that you want.

In order to expedite the process, preference will be given to libraries
that provide us with their UPS account number, so we can charge the
shipping cost directly to the receiving library.  Also, please include
your shipping address in your request.

Sample titles of books available:

#5.  American conference on international arbitration (1st : 1896 :
Washington, D. C.)
The American conference on international arbitration held in Washington,
D. C. April 22 and 23, 1896.  New York : The Baker & Taylor co., 1896.
xiv, 247 p., 26 cm

#29.  Gentili, Alberico, 1552-1608
De legationibvs libri tres / by Alberico Gentili, introduction by Ernest
Nys, translation by Gordon J. Laing.  Other title: Three books on
embassies  New York [etc.] : Oxford University Press, 1924.  2 v. ;
facsim., 26 cm.  Classics of international law, no. 12  (we have both
volumesv.1 is original Latin, v.2 is English translation

#38.  Boeles, Pieter.
Uniform title:  Eerlijke immigratieprocedures in Europa. English
Fair immigration proceedings in Europe / by Pieter Boeles.  The Hague ;
London : M. Nijhoff, 1997.  xviii, 510 p. ; 25 cm

#45.  Future generations and international law / edited by Emmanuel Agius
and Salvino Busuttil in collaboration with Tae-Chang Kim and Katsuhiko
Yazaki.  London : Earthscan, 1998.  xvi, 206 p. ; 24 cm.  Law and
sustainable development series.

#46.  United States. Dept. of State. Office of Public Affairs.
Germany, 1947-1949 : the story in documents / [prepared by Velma Hastings
Cassidy, of the Division of Historical Policy Research, Office of Public
Affairs, with the collaboration of the Bureau of German Affairs]
Washington, DC : U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1950.  xlvi, 631 p. ; diagrs., 26
cm.  Department of State publication. European and British Commonwealth
series,  v. 9.

#54.  ILSA guide to education and career development in international law
/ editors, Jonathan Clark Green, Denise M. Hodge, Robert F. Kemp.
[Washington, D.C., U.S.A.] : International Law Students Association, 1991.
xi, 246 p. ; bill., 26 cm.

#55.  The implementation and effectiveness of international environmental
commitments : theory and practice / edited by David G. Victor, Kal
Raustiala, and Eugene B. Skolnikoff.  Laxenburg, Austria : International
Institute for Applied Systems Analysis ; Cambridge, MA : MIT Press, 1998.
xviii, 737 p. ; ill., maps, 24 cm.  Gobal environmental accord.  Global
environmental accords series.

#64.  Whittuck, E. A. (Edward Arthur)
International documents : a collection of international conventions and
declarations of a law-making kind / ed. with introduction and notes, by
E.A. Whittuck.  London, New York ; Longmans, Green, and co., 1908.
xxxviii, [472] p. ; 23 cm.

#65.  Matsushita, Mitsuo, 1933-
International trade and competition law in Japan / Mitsuo Matsushita.
Oxford, England : Oxford University Press, 1993.  352 p. ; 25 cm.  Modern
Japanese law

#70.  Carabiber, Charles.
Les juridictions internationales de droit priv, de l'arbitrage
international  l'exprience des tribunaux arbitraux mixtes et
l'institution de juridictions internationales permanentes de droit priv. /
Charles Carabiber, prf. de M. Georges Scelle.  Neuchatel : La Baconnire,
[1947]  374 p. ; 22 cm.  Histoire et socit d'aujourd'hui.

#71.  Regala, Roberto.
Law and diplomacy in a changing world / Roberto Regala, foreword by Cesar
Bengson.  Manila, the Phillipines : Central Book Supply ; Dobbs Ferry,
N.Y. : Oceana Publicatons, [1965]  271 p. ; illus., 24 cm.  (two copies)

Etc.

-----

Thanks!
Lyo.